Saint Michael the archangel

by Adam from St. Clair

St.  Michael the Archangel (blingcheese.com)
St. Michael the Archangel (blingcheese.com)

When I think of the word “hero,” a few people come to mind. Thoughts of philanthropists, socialists, humanists, and men of service come up, but one person in particular rises above the rest, and that is Saint Michael. I consider Saint Michael a hero because of his values and because of what he fights to uphold.

Saint Michael is a warrior responsible for the protection of God’s people. He is seen as the Patron Saint of all who fight for the safety or protection of others. He is considered the protector of the weak and stands for all who cannot defend themselves. Saint Michael is credited with the slaying of a demonic dragon and is seen religiously as the war leader of heaven against all the forces of evil and the devil, both of which solidify his warrior-like persona.

Saint Michael is seen as the father of all warriors, soldiers, and all who fight any force of evil. All who go into harm’s way for the protection of the innocent are said to be protected by Saint Michael. Thus, it is ensured that good always triumphs over evil.

Guido Reni's archangel Michael (Wikipedia)

He is my hero because of everything he stands for and because of everything he inspires. He is the ultimate symbol of justice and of the fight for good. He stands for an everlasting fight against evil, and I believe that is what makes a hero.