Press_Release

The MY HERO Project is proud to announce Stand Up as a finalist in the 2016 MY HERO International Film Festival for Student/Mentor Music Video

CONTACT: Wendy Milette                                                   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE      
Director of Media                                                     
[email protected]
949-376-5964

SANTA MONICA, CA - 11/15/16 - The MY HERO Project is proud to announce Stand Up as a finalist in the 2016 MY HERO International Film Festival for Student/Mentor Music Video

Educator, Paul Eaton wrote the song "Stand Up" for his students at the Girard College Lower School in Philadelphia. The message teaches that we can all do something to change the world for the better through community service, love and care. This is what it means to live like a hero, he told his students.

"It's important for students to know that they have a voice and that they can make a difference in their future," Eaton said. " It is so rewarding for the kids to know that someone is paying attention to something that concerns them."
"It has been a great honor to be part of The MY HERO International Film Festival, and at this point the whole school has been inspired by MY HERO. The kids really like knowing there is something out there for them and have enjoyed being part of the process. Those in the multi-media classes are eager to submit something again next year. They own the process," Eaton said.

The MY HERO Project is a 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to celebrate the world’s heroes through stories, short films, music and art. For more information, visit MY HERO’s award-winning website: www.myhero.com.

For press and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Festival Director Wendy Milette ([email protected]) at 949.376.5964.