Stephen

by Steven from Loveland

Stephen (bibleencyclopedia.com)
Stephen (bibleencyclopedia.com)

Imagine you are falsely prosecuted for a reason of testifying against God. How would you feel and what would you do? Stephen was not just an ordinary person, but was a figure of God and was one of the most courageous people I know of. Furthermore, he had much courage in speaking up for God. In the Bible story in Acts 7:2, Stephen stands up against false prosecutors in the quart of Sanhedrin. The court of Sanhedrin summoned Stephen because false witnesses were saying that Stephen was speaking against God and speaking evil . Even though this was not true, Stephen did not argue.

Stephen being acused at the Court of Sanhedrin (google images (www.biblical-art.com))

Another virtue Stephen possessed was bravery. Some of the reasons Stephen was brave, because after he was falsely prosecuted he gave an amazing speech against the prosecutors about the covenants God has made over time and how he promised there would eventually be a new heaven and new earth. Another reason Stephen possessed this virtue was because he was the first marauder for God and that was because the court of Sanhedrin found the false prosecutions were true, even though they were not. One final reason Stephen was a brave man was because he showed valor to many people even when in danger.

Continuing on, another heroic quality Stephen possessed was honor ability. I chose this quality for him because when he was falsely prosecuted, he did not argue and instead accepted the consequences Even though he did not commit any of the crimes people said that he did.

Furthermore Stephen had one single more heroic quality, and that was valor. Valor is a great word to describe Stephen, because God would give this man words to speak/teach to people and nobody could argue with the knowledge he was obtaining from God. Another reason this is a heroic quality he obtained was because he stood up against the false accusations that people were reporting about him (Belongs in honor ability) took the consequences even when falsely accused.

A brief vision of what I envision Stephen (Www.bibleview.org))

To conclude Stephen was a man with many heroic qualities and most definitely makes some people want to be like him, also he has many heroic qualities to show his honor ability and bravery for God.