amare stoudemire

by Adrian from Arizona

Amare Stoudemire was born on November 16, 1982, in Lake Wales, Florida to Carrie and Hazell Stoudemire. Lake Wales is an hour’s drive from Disney World, but a planet-and-a-half away in every other sense.

In 2002 he was the ninth pick in the NBA draft. For a little extra cool bit of trivia, he was the only pick that year to come out of high school. The Suns picked him up and they are lucky they did. He is now an All-Star player and was on the USA Olympic basketball team.

He is a hero to me because he has inspired me to pursue my dream of being a basketball player. He has dedicated his time to go around and help children read. He inspires everyone to be the best they can be. He is also very helping. He will do everything possible to help the people around him

He was in the Dunk competition and came very close to winning it. He got second place with a little help from Steve Nash.