Sumayyah Bin Khabbab

by Juwjuw from North Carolina

A hero is a person that has done something amazing or an act that is not easily copied. While trying to accomplish this act, they went through hard times or had to give up something dear to them. I think a hero can not have too much of an ego. To be and remain a hero; they would have to live a life full of modesty and honesty. The way a hero behaves can change their title of being a hero. Therefore a hero would have to be conscious of their actions, because ordinary people would have already placed them on a pedestal. A hero would always place other people before themselves.

My hero is Sumayyah bint Khabbab. She was one those who stood fast and resolute upon the worship of Allah alone when the Muslims were few and their success was only through patience upon the truth. One of the most noble examples of Muslim womanhood and the first martyr of Islam was the female companion. She was the seventh person to accept Islam. She lived in Mecca, around August 605 A.D. She is important to me, because she gave up her life for something that she highly believed in. She gave a huge message with her death, because she was the first to die for what she so strongly believed. During that time people needed a sense of hope, and when a women is able to give up something as precious as her live, she gave a whole religion hope. That’s why Sumayyah bint Khabbab is my hero.