T.A. Barron

by Hannah from Spindale

“I truly believe every person can make a difference —
 (www.cde.state.co.us)
(www.cde.state.co.us)

I’ve chosen T.A. Barron as my hero for many reasons. His many views that are reflected through his writing have been inspirational for me. In fact the first real chapter book I read by myself was Heartlight by T.A. Barron, the first book in The Adventures of Kate; to this day it is still my one of my all time favorite books. I absorb books and I love his books because they require thought, he doesn’t just “spell” it out. His love for hiking and nature are all reflected greatly as his belief in keeping Earth clean, all in a fictional setting.

Even though T.A. Barron was born on March 26, 1952 in Boston, Massachusetts he spent most of his life at a Colorado ranch. He spent most of his childhood hiking, biking, and enjoying the outdoors of his ranch. Most of his life he had enjoyed books, especially the ones about unsuspected heroes in unsuspected people. For this reason perhaps that’s why T.A Barron is drawn to stories about that very topic.

T.A. Barron is not just into outdoors, he also studied history at Princeton, received a Rhodes scholarship to Oxford U, and has a law degree from Harvard. After becoming a full time author in 1989, he was a president for a venture capital business. He now continues to write and he serves as a trustee at Princeton University. He has won several awards, not only for his works, but most of which were environmental awareness awards.

Some of his more popular novels include The Adventures of Kate, and The Lost Years of Merlin. The Lost Years of Merlin series contains five books, and The Adventures of Kate contains three. Both of the popular series have won several awards for young literature.