Theodore Roosevelt

by Luke from Illinois

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.
<a href=http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/webpics/theodore_roosevelt.jpg>Theodore Roosevelt</a>
Theodore Roosevelt

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, and Teddy Roosevelt are all on Mount Rushmore but my true hero is Teddy Roosevelt. There are many reasons for why I chose this person. First, I am distantly related to him due to our family's ancestor Philippe de Trieux on my father’s side.

Also, he vigorously led Congress to more strict laws on Americas foreign policy. He also broadened the power of the presidency. Another great accomplishment that I respect him for is the treaty he negotiated between Japan and the Emperor of all the Russias.

Many people define a hero as someone who donates billions of billions of dollars but that isn't how I would define a hero. I define a hero by what they do to help others. Heroes such as Theodore Roosevelt have helped others not only by his presidency but also by his work in the army.

He, helped greatly in the Spanish-American war. He was denied the medal of honor due to political reasons. In the war he was a Colonel. He served the country by fighting off many of the Spaniards and being on the front-line.

During his presidency he was a family man. He even allowed horses to come in the White House. That is another reason why I think he’s a hero. Family men definitely earn that.

Theodore Roosevelt - White House biography

Through many of his hardships I still think he's a hero.