Tim Aleman

by Taylor from Orillia

I get my experiences from the youth of today who show self motivation. They show their goals in life. ~ Tim Aleman

Have you ever met Tim Aleman? He has been in the military for many years. He had to come back from the war because of a bomb in Afghanistan that hit him and hurt his ear and part of his right ear is now gone. He also hurt his arm and shoulder, and he got a big wound under his eye and they stitched it. He lost his right fingernail so as you can see he has a lot of serious injuries from being in the war.

He came back and went to the Soldier's Memorial Hospital, and other hospitals, for his massive injuries from Afghanistan and to get treated for his injuries. He is now back safe in his home with his family who loves him so much. The bomb that hit him in Afghanistan was at exactly 6:45. There are yellow ribbons all around to welcome Tim Aleman home. The first yellow ribbon that was hung along was on Cassie’s hair salon for his wife's hair salon downtown in Orillia. There are pictures all around in windows in stores and houses.

My hero was born in South Africa in 1966. He grew up in Wales. He has 5 sisters and 3 brothers his family members are Corissa, Cathy his wife and Corey Renne. He went to high school in Wales. At college in Wales he got a diploma in construction and joined the army when he was 17. He has been in the war for 26 years. Tim Aleman has been on 11 tours of duty. Tim Aleman was fighting for our greater peace. Tim had great manners when he was in the war with his troops and always showed respect for those around him.

Tim Aleman is more than just a hero, he is a lifesaver. Tim Aleman is my hero because he made a commitment to stick to something and he got through it in his own way but now as you can see he is home from war and home with his family who love him so much.