Tony Balistreri

by Joey from Wauwatosa

My father, Tony Balistreri, is my inspirational hero. My father is a great problem solver; he looks at every angle of the situation before deciding what to do. He is also very intelligent; he always seems to know just the right thing to do. On top of all that he is also just fun to be around, my father is always the life of the party, which is hard for him not to do with all of his charisma. If everyone strived to be like my father all of our problems would just melt away, and we would have a fun time melting them too.

Throughout my life my father has offered guidance, and who knows where I would be without it. He gives me input and tells me maybe what he would do if he were in my shoes, and at times that can help me easily fix a problem I made, or at least fix it the right way. A few years ago I got into a fight with a friend I had known pretty much all my life and I was about to be done with him, until I talked to my dad, and he went through the same thing in his young life. He told me he wanted to do the same thing, except he didn't throw his friendship away like I was about to and he said it was one of the best choices he could have made. Thanks to him me and my friend are back to being buddies again. My father isn't recognized in some special way in our society, but I think he should be because of what a great guy he is, and what a great leader I think he could be. I don't know what I would do without my father, Tony Balistreri.