Todd Beamer

by Brandon from Minnesota

Todd Beamer
Todd Beamer

Todd Beamer is a hero. He was one of the people who stood up against the terrorists on United Flight 93. Todd was afraid but yet he still led the charge because that’s what he thought was right. Now you’ll hear about Todd and his life and what led up to this tragic day.

When Todd was a teenager everyone knew him as an athlete. He attended Wheaton Christian High School. He was in baseball, basketball, and soccer. All of his friends and people he hung out with were from his sports teams. As he got older he attended Fresno State University to pursue his love for baseball, with hopes of a professional career. Later on he realized that was not what he wanted. Then he returned home after he was done with Fresno State and went to Wheaton again. There during a senior seminar class he met his wife, Lisa Beamer. Then he earned a masters in business administration from DePaul University in Chicago. Todd and his wife got married and moved to Princeton, N.J. That is where Beamer began his career with Oracle Corp selling systems applications and database software. He also has 2 sons, ages 4 and 2.

Todd Beamer is a very kind person, he was very religious and believed that what he did on the plane was the right thing to do. He has a tremendous amount of bravery for standing up against those terrorists with those other passengers. They believed that this plane was being planned to crash into the capitol or the White House. If Todd didn’t build up the courage he had, who knows what would have happened. Many more people could of died that day.

Todd is a brave person for what he did on that plane with the terrorists, he is very religious and believed God was on his side on the plane. He is also very caring because he thought about the lives of other people before his own; even though he has 2 kids and a wife to think about.

Todd is important to me because what he did on the plane was very courageous. I think that it was a very, very brave thing to do. He cared about the lives of others and not just his own. When he led the charge towards the terrorists he knew there was a chance of death but yet he still did it. I feel bad for his kids and his wife because they have to live without him now but they will always know that he is a hero for what he did and they should be proud.