Thomas Alva Edison

by Jessica from Tangerang

Never give up of everything you do, even when everyone is laughing at you.
www.wikipedia.org
www.wikipedia.org

My name is Jessica, and my hero is Thomas Alva Edison. He’s a very great and patient person. Thomas Alva Edison never gave up, he always tried to do something that other people could never think to do. Many people laughed because of what he did, but he just didn’t care about it, because he knew that he could do it, and it wasn’t wrong.

Thomas Alva Edison was born on 11th February 1847. In his childhood, he studied at home with his mother because he got bad scores at school. At home, he studied science from books that he read, and he made his own experiment. When he was 12 years old, he sold newspapers, fruits, and sweets to earn money. Then he worked as a telegraph operator. He died on 18th October 1931, exactly on the date when the electric lamp was born.

Thomas Alva Edison was born on 11th February 1847. At his childhood, he studied at home with his mother, because he got bad scores at school. At home, he studied science from books that he read, and he made his own experiment. When he was 12 years old, he sold newspapers, fruits, and sweets to earn money. Then he worked as a telegraph operator. He died at 18th October 1931, exactly on the date when the electric lamp was created for the first time.

At 1870, Thomas Alva Edison invented a telegraph machine. There was also a telegraph machine before he invented it, but he found a better one than before. At 1874, he made the first and the biggest scientific workshop in the world and at 1877 he found the gramophone. The next invention of his and his biggest invention was the electric lamp. Many people laughed at him when he tried to make the electric lamp for years. But he just didn’t care about what people said. He just did it with a blazing spirit, and he did it! He finally invented the electric lamp at 1879. Then he put on the electric lamps on the streets and houses in New York at 1882. This was the first time electric lamps were used on the street and he achieved a special award from the congress of U.S.A.

What I admire about Thomas Alfa Edison, is that he didn’t give up on what he was doing, and how useful his inventions are. That’s why he gave me inspiration to never give up and be patient with everything I do. He always thought of something that anybody could never think, and he did something that anybody could never do.

He always tried to do whatever he could, and he tried to do the best for other people. From that character of him, I learned from him to do something useful not for myself, but also for others. Even when people around him laughed at him and didn’t support what he did, he always tried to do it, because what he knew that it wasn’t wrong. That’s why I chose him to become my hero, because he taught me many great things from what he did.