Thomas Edison

by Hyeonwoo from Nanjing

Thomas Edison of the greatest inventors of the 1800s. His family called him “Little Al”.

He was born in 1847 in Milan Ohio, America. He invented electricity, lightbulb and phonograph.

When Thomas was a little kid he was always asking questions. When people saw Thomas, they ran away. When he was 7 years he went to school. He was always asking questions in school. Teacher said, ‘tomorrow you come to school with mom.’ Edison went home. Thomas said, ‘teacher said you come to school with mom.’ Thomas didn’t know why he needed to come to school with mom. So Thomas went to school with his mom. The teacher said, ‘Edison was silly, so I can’t teach him.’ His mother said, ‘yes, I will never send my son to this school again’. His mother became his teacher. His favorite subject was science. He invented many things.

He died in 1937. Many people were sad because he was a genius and he found solutions to solve many problems. Edison was a important inventor. So I think Thomas is a thinker.

Richard, platt. Great Inventors.