Thomas Alva Edison

by Jeffrey from Des Plaines

What would we do without Edison's inventions?! What would you do?! Thomas Edison was a very famous inventor and industrial leader; without him life would be hard. Edison was born on Feb. 11th, 1847 in Milan, Ohio. His parents were named Samuel and Nancy. Edison was the seventh child born and the youngest child. When Edison was seven years old, he and his family moved to Port Huron, Michigan.

Edison was home schooled by his mother. Edison mostly wanted to read science books and soon was inspired to start experimenting with chemicals and constructing models.

At about age twelve, Edison sold newspapers, sandwiches, and candy. Soon, Edison started making inventions, like the phonograph which repeated sounds with a press of a button. Many years later it was replaced by the tape recorder that could repeat sounds and was portable to carry around. By his mid thirties he was very famous for his inventions. Edison was also a great businessman as he grew older.

Thomas Edison the one of the best inventors (www.archives.gov)

All of Edison's inventions were important to us. The most important was the light bulb which we still use today. Some of Edison's inventions were replaced like the phonograph, it was replaced by tape recorders and the C.D. player. Many other people try to make new things too like Edison did. Life is easier because of Edison.

Thomas Edison's greatest invention (www.richfieldhistoricalsociety.org)

I like all of the inventions that Edison made for the world, and how they work, how they were made, and how they look like. Life would be boring and hard to do a lot of things without him. so i think i and everyone should appreciate all of Edison's inventions.