Terry Fox

by Nevaeh from Bradford

TERRY FOX

Terry Fox has 6 people in his family:  mom, dad, sister and 2 brothers. Terry Fox got his leg amputated because there was a big pain in his leg. Then he went to the hospital and the doctor said that there was bad news and then he had his leg amputated. He was crying for a long time and his brother Darrell left because he loves his brother because he didn't want cancer to happen to him. Then when he saw a newspaper that a guy ran the New York Marathon with one leg, then he thought to run across Canada because he wanted to help kids who have cancer and are dying by it. He wanted to help the kids.

Terry started his run by putting his foot in the Atlantic Ocean and filling up a water bottle with water from the Atlantic Ocean. Then he started to run. His best friend started driving behind him. He didn't know that his brother was going to come and help him too. They saw a kid who was going to lose all of his hair. He gave his t shirt to him because Terry was respecting the kid. He was 23 when he died. Everyone was very upset but then people around the world kept doing the same thing he did and started the Terry Fox Run.