Terry Fox

by Ethan from Bradford

Terry Fox
Terry Fox

Terry Fox is my hero. Terry has two brothers and one sister. Terry was trying to fight cancer to make people feel better. When Terry was 18, he got cancer in his leg. The doctors had to cut his leg off. Then they gave him a fake leg. He wanted to fight cancer so he decided to run across Canada to raise money for cancer research. One thing that happened on the run is while he was running he encouraged lots of people to donate money to cancer research. One thing that was sad was Terry got over half way and then he got cancer in his lungs. Terry was given a medal by the prime minister because he is a great Canadian. He is the youngest Canadian ever to get the order of Canada medal. Sadly Terry passed away because of the other cancer. Terry had courage because he wanted to do what was right and he went ahead and did it. It had respect because he respected people who had cancer. Terry inspires me because he made me and lots of people aware of why it is important to fight cancer.