Terry Fox

by Brielle from Bradford

Terry Fox
Terry Fox

TERRY FOX

Terry's life depended on his family - his mother Betty, father Rolly, brothers Fred and Darrell and sister Judith. He was born in 1958. Terry loved to play basketball after school. He went to Simon Fraser University and sometimes after school he would go to the track team to get used to running. He had cancer when he was 18. It was hard for him to walk and run. Then he then he got used to running and walking then he started the run in April 12 2014. He started the run after 1 year he ran 3 334 miles all ready in a year it was almost a year and he raced 25 000 000 dollars through Canada. He started on the lake near him in Newfoundland. He grabbed a jug of water and he filled up his jug for him to drink then he started the run. He ran in lots of pain. He kept running until he reached his goal. He keeps on coughing and coughing, he kept running THEN he couldn't handle it any more. He wanted the doctor. The doctor said you have cancer in your lungs. The doctor had to give him more treatment. Terry said if there's any way i could finish it i would. And those were his last words. He was a caring man respectful to other people. Terry Fox died on June 28, 1981. Now we have to finish his dream!!!!!!!!!