Terry Fox

by Sarah from Innisfil

My hero's name is Terry Fox. He is a good hero. Terry Fox ran a lot in races, he ran around Canada. He is a hero to a lot of people. Terry Fox is a big hero so it was not hard to find him and I got stuff in books. terry

He was born in Winnipeg. He lost his leg at 20 years old. He dipped his leg in the Atlantic Ocean in St. John's Newfoundland on April 12, 1980's. He was raised in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia. The Ctv net work raised money because of him. Terry Fox died at the age of 22. I think he had a dream to run. Terry Fox's brother I think helped by raising money by skipping and that is Terry Fox's life.

He has a lot of courage to do what he did. He raised money to help people. He might have saved a lot of people even if he did not save himself. He ran and ran until he could run no more because the cancer had spread.

He is my hero because he had cancer. He could have stopped running but he did not. He could have stopped to save himself but he ran to save other people. I am so happy for him, that is why he is my hero.

I think if he did not run when he had cancer more people would have died of cancer and maybe Terry Fox would live. So most people should be happy because he sacrificed his life for them and I think that is very very nice, if you ask me. THE END