Terry Fox

by Joey from Barrie

I chose Terry Fox as my hero because he is running to raise money for cancer and if me or someone gets cancer we will have a better chance to be cured because of him. He was inspired to run for cancer because all of the people with cancer, including him, and he inspired all of us to run for cancer.

Birthday, Birthplace, and Education.

Birthday: July 28th 1958 Birthplace: Winnipeg, Manitoba Education: At Port Coquitilam high school in British Columbia and Simon Fraser University. He was a Basket-Ball Player and a long distance runner.

His Family Members are: His mom is Betty Fox, His dad is Rolly Fox, His sister is Judith Fox, and His brother is Darrel Fox.

Interesting facts from youth:
Terry Fox was named after both his uncles from both sides of the family.

His Influences:
All of the sick kids and people with cancer inspired him to run for cancer research.

His obstacles were when he got one leg amputated and he had cancer in his lungs.

He overcame his obstacles by learning to walk and he kept on running for cancer research.

He became a hero by running for cancer.

His actions:
He ran for cancer research and he raised $500 million dollars for cancer. He faced many obstacles and never gave up.

He accomplished his goal and he ran for cancer and raised a lot of money.

His character traits were determination, brave and strong.
Determination - Not willing to give up
Brave - Did not let any fear slow him down.
Strong - He did not stop and pushed his body to go as far as he could go.

He influenced me by setting goals and sticking to them and never give up, to follow my dreams, and to be remembered.