Traven Keigley

by Stephen from Pickerington

A hero is someone that is a role model for another person. They are a figure for someone to look up to and to be guided from. A hero does not need to have any superpowers or anything along those lines. They just have to do great things that make a difference in some one else's life.

Yes, I think it is important to have a hero because everyone needs, at some point, someone to look up to and get guidance and advice from. They are going to need someone to push them through things that they think are impossible. They are going to need motivation. A hero makes your life a whole lot easier because we can't do everything on our own.

My personal hero is one of my best friends Traven Keigley. He made a huge difference in my life. Traven got me through things that I thought was not physically possible for me. He has made me a tougher individual person. He taught me how to have fun and live life the way it is supposed to be lived. Traven showed me that taking risks is not always a bad thing, that it's the only way to enjoy yourself and have a childhood that you are going to be proud to remember.

I want to induct Traven into the Best Friend Hall of Fame. Traven knew when to joke and when to be serious. No matter what was going on he was always there. He helped me when odds were against me and motivated me to do the impossible. He made it clear to me that pain was only temporary and that pride was forever. He would never let me lose the big picture. The dream that we both had and both would die for. He showed me how to stand on anything that resulted in being bad and use it for motivation on something else. Traven was a life changing friend, and you can't get a much better friend then that.

Traven stood about 5 feet 10 inches high. His favorite colors were green and orange. His personal hero was his own father. He looked up to his dad because he knew how to have fun, his leadership capabilities, and how exactly alike the two were. His dad had the most impact on his life. Traven's strengths were that he was very organized, he was very sociable, on time for everything, strong personality, and loyal to the people he loved. His weaknesses were that he was impatient, hard to read, quick reactions to everything, and sometimes did not know his own strength. If Traven could pick a superpower he would have picked super strength because that's just him. He liked being stronger then everybody else. He hated to fail or be defeated. He had to win everything. If he lost, he would be really angry, but it made him try harder and be more motivated to win the next time. Traven's favorite activities were to hunt, cook and play soccer. His dream job was to play professional soccer in Europe. Traven had two life threatening events occur in his life. He was born without a heartbeat for four minutes. He was considered a miracle baby. Then he had a life saving surgery when he had a ruptured appendix. Traven won the biggest battles in his life and he will never be forgotten.

The soccer website - My hero wanted to be a professional soccer player in Europe.

This web page for English is dedicated to my friend Traven Keigley, who passed away this year. We played on the same soccer team and we were all brothers, one big family. He called our team "The God Squad." He was the life of the team, on trips we did everything together. He was my best friend and I will never forget him.

Love you Traven,
R.I.P 3/30/11