Tyrone Liggians

by Shawn from Pickerington

My Father - Tyrone Liggians (My Dad )
My Father - Tyrone Liggians (My Dad )

I define hero as a person you choose to look up to. A person you choose to be your role model. A person that you hope to be like someday. Somebody that you want to be when you grow up. A person you admire or admired. A hero is someone who is or was admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities. A person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or idea.

I believe it is always good to have a hero. Heroes show us or characterize what's best in us all. They help us realize our true untapped potential, to bring out in us that which we never knew was there. Heroes show us how to not look for the bad in people. They show us how to look for the good in people. A hero shows us how we can be heroes someday. They even show us how we can help bring the good out of people like ourselves.

I choose my dad as a hero. Not because he helped my mother give me life. It's because without him I probably would not be the person I am today. My dad is the one who taught me how to be a kind-hearted person. I could not be the honorable and respectable young man I am today. I thank my dad for this. I also thank him for showing many things to be successful in life and for showing me right and wrong, what not to do and what to do. He has also shown me how to be a gentleman with young ladies and respectful with elders and teachers. I also thank him for teaching me that there is nothing beyond my grasp and for also teaching me that whatever the mind of a man can believe he can achieve.  He has taught me to believe in myself and I know he believes in me.  He knows,  if i put my mind to it I can be, have and do whatever I want to do. My dad is the person I admire the most and my hero.

Hall of Fame

Simply put, My dad should be inducted into the Hero Hall of Fame because of who he is and what he stands for.  He is kind, intelligent, wise and full of integrity.  He seeks to improve not only himself but the lives of others around him.  He constantly reads books on self improvement and shares that new found knowledge with all who will listen.  He feels his purpose is to teach others how to improve their lives mentally, spiritually, physically, financially and emotionally.  His favorite quote, "As a man thinks in his heart/mind so is he".  My dad told me, "Our greatest service to humanity, is for us to live to our highest potential."

One of my Dad's Heroes is Ernest Holmes.  My Dad says that Ernest Holmes is considered by many to be the father of the New Thought Movement. He was an American writer and spiritual teacher. He was the founder of the religious movement known as Religious Science.  Holmes is the author of the popular work the Science of Mind.  Homes stated, "The Science of Mind is the study of Life and the nature of the laws of thought; the conception that we live in a spiritual Universe; that God is in, through, around and for us."