Tom Lynch (My Grandpa)

by Dalton from Beverly Hills

My hero may not be the President or Superman, but he is just as important to me. He is the best grandpa ever. He knows exactly what is wrong when I'm down and he teaches my family how to always be the best we can be. Tom Lynch is a great person and everyone admires him. My grandpa goes by many names. He is Pop Pop to all of my cousins and me, Tom to his friends and Admiral to everyone else in this world.

Tom Lynch is my hero because he knows right from wrong and he has been there for me since day one. My grandpa has done so many good deeds for so many good people. For example, he does a lot of charity work for the Naval Academy, Union League, Catholic Charities and he has sponsored boys from the Washington Jesuit Academy. He is also my hero because he shows non stop care and love for all of his family. In my opinion, Tom Lynch is the best grandpa anyone could ask for.

Tom grew up in a great environment in Lima, Ohio. He went to the Naval Academy for college. Tom was the captain of the famous 1963 Navy football team and was also the heavy weight boxing champion. He was a great athlete and scholar. After his Naval Academy graduation, he married his high school sweetheart and the love of his life, Kathy Quinn. They had three gorgeous children and 10 grandchildren. Lucky for me, I am one of them. Tom and Kathy loved each other to the moon and back. Kathy sadly passed away, but she still lives on in our hearts and always will.

One of Tom's favorite sayings is, "Work your hardest, pray your hardest and leave the rest up to God." These are words to describe how he has lived his life. My grandpa and I share multiple memories and that is a very important part of him being a hero to me. Tom is so important to me. He will always be my one and only hero.