Tina Maze

by Nusa from Ljubljana

Medals
Medals

Tina Maze is a Slovenian alpine skier. She was born on 2th of May. At age 17 she attended her first World Cup and the next year her first Olympics. She began her career as a specialist in a giant slalom and later she joined all the other disciplines.

The first victory in her career she achieved in 2003 in Solden, when she was 20 years old. In the next 10 years she had her ups and downs, but in the season 2012/2013 she was breaking records one after another. At the World Cup she won one gold medal in Super Giant Slalom and two silver medals in combined and giant slalom. In 2014 at the Olympic Games in Sochi she won two gold medals in downhill and giant slalom. Season 2014/2015 was her last season.

In December 2014 she was chosen for the sportswomen of the year. In her career she received 6 gold, 14 silver and 8 bronze medals. In October 2016 she announced the end of her ski career.