Ty Pennington

by Brianna from Billings

Ty pennington
Ty pennington

A hero can mean many things to many people. The way I see it, is that there is no definition for a hero. Anyone can be a hero and anyone can have a hero. A hero can be someone that has helped you or the community or even just someone that you think is a great role model.

Extreme Makover Home Edition
Extreme Makover Home Edition

My hero is Ty Pennington. What he and his crew have done for people, is truly amazing. Ty is the host for the show “Extreme Makeover Home Edition.” On this show they build new houses for people who face many challenges and obstacles in their life and cannot afford a new house. These people usually struggle from health problems, financial troubles, or both, and their house is not safe for them to live in, especially with some of the health conditions that they have. The house that they build for them helps them out so much!

Ty’s birth name is Gary Tygurt Burton Pennington. He was born in Atlanta Georgia, October 19, 1964. Before “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” he was on the TLC reality television show “Trading Spaces,” for four years. Ty has also been a former male model, an actor, a carpenter, and has won awards in graphic design. As you can see from this information Ty is a very achieving and goal setting man.

The crew of Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Ty has really taught me to help the less fortunate and how much that help means to them. We own so much and are so fortunate so why not give little of what we have. I think he is a great person and has not just inspired me but also has inspired many other people.

you can always catch Ty with a bull horn

There are many heroes that people have. It’s not a bad thing to have a hero; I personally think it is important to have a hero or a person to look up to. Everyone can define a hero in different ways.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Website for the tv show "Extreme Makeover Home Edition"
IMDb - Tys filmography and other stuff

Tv guide. "Ty Pennington Biography." [Online] Available http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/ty-pennington/bio/195380.

IMDb. "Biography for Ty Pennington." [Online] Available http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0672205/bio.