Theodore Roosevelt

by Van from San Diego

Skilled hunter (http://www.edwardnjackson.com/Theodore_Roosevelt.html ())

Theodore Roosevelt was a war hero, a Rough Rider, a successful novelist, a fighter, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, 26th President of the United States, and my hero. Theodore Roosevelt had a very busy life which he lived to the fullest. In every portion of his life he excelled including school and as President. A biography of his life isn't enough to appreciate all of his life accomplishments. Theodore was born into a well-educated family in New York and Nobel peace prize winner and he later became the 26th president of the United States and a Nobel Peace prize winner. Theodore Roosevelt had other great accomplishments in his life such as being the president of the United States, writing countless novels, and exploring the wilderness. After he won the election for the mayor of New York suspicion was raised that he would campaign for the president. In 1901 vice president Theodore suddenly became president when President McKinley was assassinated.  January 6th 1919 Theodore Roosevelt died in his sleep. A hero must possess dedication and inspiration. Theodore Roosevelt shows dedication by being a famous leader in countless battles with the rough riders. He knew his life was at risk but he wanted to fight for his country. Theodore Roosevelt also was inspirational when he was shot but continued his speech to get his message to the people. Theodore Roosevelt possesses inspiration and dedication and therefore he is my hero. 

Good public speaker (http://www.rocklandlifestyle.com/2012/04/16/titanic/ ())

Theodore Roosevelt is an inspiration because he would finish what he started. Many people loved Theodore Roosevelt and others not so much but he didn't let them stand in the way of what was important. He was "Shot in the chest while entering an automobile outside the Hotel Gilpatrick in Milwaukee, WI by would-be assassin John Nepomuk Schrank at about 8:00 p.m. Campaigning on the "Bull Moose" ticket, TR delivers a 90-minute speech at the Auditorium in Milwaukee before seeking medical attention. The bullet would never be removed" (Naylor, N. "Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life by the Theodore Roosevelt Association."). Theodore knew that the speech he was giving was important to his presidential campaign and needed to get it to the people. He wasn't going to let this attempted assignation prevent him from getting what he wanted and also he showed the people that their needs came before his. Theodore started very young in politics and the state of New York knew ever since he was governor of he was going to achieve great things. "At age 42, Roosevelt becomes the 26th President of the United States and is sworn into office at about 3:15 p.m. at the Ansley Wilcox Mansion, 641 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, the youngest man ever to become President (John F. Kennedy was the youngest man ever elected to that office at the age of 43)" (Naylor, N. "Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life by the Theodore Roosevelt Association."). Ever since he was governor at New York his dream was to one day be president. He knew this could be achieved with his duties to his country, he set the goal and worked at it until he got what he wanted.

Theodore Roosevelt was a scholar because he went above and beyond in his prestigious school history. Not many people get into Harvard University except the brilliant and Theodore Roosevelt was among the brilliant. "At eighteen he entered Harvard College and spent four years there, dividing his time between books and sport and excelling at both. After leaving Harvard he studied in Germany for almost a year and then immediately entered politics." (Theodore Roosevelt - Biography". Nobelprize.org.) Theodore had many great scholastic achievements including getting into Harvard but if that wasn't enough he also excelled there. Managing time in law school isn't exactly easy but Theodore managed to write countless books and have enough time for sports. These are things that made Theodore Roosevelt a scholar. He attended one of the most prestigious schools in the United States and wrote hundreds of novels. "June 30, 1880 Graduates from Harvard, magna cum laude, member Phi Beta Kappa."(Nayor, N. "Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life by the Theodore Roosevelt Association). It was an honor to attend Harvard and an unreachable goal for most but Theodore not only attended Harvard but got into many on campus activity's. He achieved many things while he was at Harvard including graduating in the minimal 4 years. Theodore Roosevelt always kept himself busy he always had to be learning in any form of teaching.

26th president  (http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/theodoreroosevelt ())
26th president (http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/theodoreroosevelt ())

Theodore Roosevelt was a leader because he worked hard to get his mission done and his people home safely. During Theodore's career as a Rough Rider he led many soldiers into numerous  battles but he always came out on top."On July 1, 1898 TR on horseback led the Rough Riders and elements of the Ninth and Tenth Regiments of regulars, African-American "buffalo soldiers," and other units up Kettle Hill. After that hill was captured, TR, now on foot, led a second charge up the San Juan Heights. This was what TR called his "crowded hour," his great moment" (Naylor, N. "Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life by the Theodore Roosevelt Association."). Part of Theodore's success was that he would take big steps and little steps that other political figures were scared to take to achieve success. "In 1902 President Roosevelt took the initiative in opening the international Court of Arbitration at The Hague, which, though founded in 1899, had not been called upon by any power in its first three years of existence." (Theodore Roosevelt - Biography". Nobelprize.org.). Theodore during his presidency wasn't walking in the footsteps of the previous 25 presidents, he was making his own. He didn't wait for others, he did things other senators and presidents were too scared or busy to do. He was a "doer" and executed the office of president to its fullest. These are examples of why Theodore Roosevelt was one of the most well decorated solders in the army/navy. All of the battles he led were all victorious and he fought on the frontlines but came back to be President.

Theodore Roosevelt possesses inspiration and dedication therefore he is my hero. Theodore Roosevelt pushed through pain and tough times to reach his goal making him dedicated in my eyes. However he also made it through Harvard University without struggles making him an excellent scholar and making him an all around hero. Theodore inspires me to live life to the fullest and to take little things more seriously. For him a lot of little things lead to a lot of success. Also putting others before yourself leads to popularity and a bright future. Theodore Roosevelt in my eyes is an ideal hero. He has all the traits to be an inspiration to everyone in all categories. These are big moments in his life. There are a thousand more little moments that make him an even better hero. I hope I have shown you why he is my hero and inspiration and hope I have inspired you.

Work cited

"Theodore Roosevelt." Contemporary Heroes and Heroines. Vol. 3. Gale, 1998. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 2 May 2012"

"Gould, Lewis L. "Theodore Roosevelt Jr." American National Biography (2010): 1. Biography Reference Center. Web. 8 May 2012."

"Theodore Roosevelt." Environmental Encyclopedia. Gale, 2009. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 9 May 2012."

"Naylor, N. "Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life by the Theodore Roosevelt Association." Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life by the Theodore Roosevelt Association. Theodore Roosevelt Association, 0 Jan. 2011. Web. 09 May 2012. ."