Theodore Roosevelt

by Ashley from Loveland

"Believe and you're halfway there" Teddy Roosevelt believed in going beyond his limits with the powerful hand of God.
Teddy Roosevelt
Teddy Roosevelt

Imagine flying across a blank field with only the sound of your heart beating and the horses running. The grass is yellow and brown and looks as if it has been burned to a thin. The mountains behind you look as if they are trying to keep a dark secret. A cold drop of sweat trickles down your face and the sun blazes down on you from all directions. This was the very fear that was beating down in Teddy Roosevelt. But all great leaders must earn their great moment to shine. The great United States of America, it has had many many presidents - some excellent heroes that will dwell in history forever, others poor and unimportant to the lives of the people. I believe that Theodore Roosevelt JR.( who also goes by Teddy or T.R.) was a true hero that earns his spot on the great monument of Mount Rushmore.

Teddy was an American politician, author, naturalist, soldier, explorer, Christian, and explorer who served as the 26th president of the United States. One of the reasons that Teddy is a hero is that he is very humble, he values others before himself, and puts the people before his own needs. One of his quotes was that "The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything. It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." This clearly states that he was sometimes a failure but he humbled himself and made it clear that everyone fails at some point and at least he did not sit around. He stood up for what he believed in. Even though he may have failed he did something about it. Teddy Roosevelt was a very strong Christian and believed in God one hundred percent. He trusted God and knew that he would provide for his needs and give him the mindset of Jesus Christ to be a strong and wonderful president and to lead the people of United States under God's hand and under his love. But Teddy also prayed for the strength of humility and to be very passionate but to also have extreme humbleness so that he would not think of himself as higher than the people.

One of the other great qualities of a hero is courage. Teddy Roosevelt had an excessive amount of courage. He suffered from asthma as a boy but still had the strength to do boxing and many other activities that everyday kids did. He also had incredible courage when his mom and wife died two days after his kids were born, at the same time, in the same house, they both died right before the poor man's eyes. Teddy also had received an award for his courageous actions when he led the Rough Riders to a war against Spain in 1898. Teddy had courage when he stepped up to the plate and became the president after the president was assassinated. Imagine flying across a blank field with only the sound of your heart beating and the horses running. The grass is yellow and brown and looks as if it has been burned to a thin. The mountains behind you look as if they are trying to keep a dark secret. A cold drop of sweat trickles down your face and the sun blazes down on you from all directions. This was the fear Teddy was going through he was scared of the people that they would have to fight and with only the Rough Riders who were a collective group of farmers and cowboys that did know how to fight in a battle. You would have had to have so much courage that you could go into a battle with people who just herded cattle in the south. So Teddy deserved his courage award.

He was also very determined to achieve the goals sent out before him. Even though he had a bumpy road set out before him he was determined to be the best he could be and use god's gifts that he gave him to be the person that would dwell in history forever. He was ready to take on whatever was laid out before him. He was determined to please God and share his good works with the world. Determination is a very important quality for a hero to have because if you are not determined to do something then you do it half heatedly and when you do it halfheartedly you don't really want to be doing it you would rather be doing something else with your time. So because teddy was being dedicated he did it with his whole heart and put all of his time in making sure that he was able to succeed.

Teddy and the Rough Riders
Teddy and the Rough Riders

Teddy was one of the greatest heroes we know today because of his determination, humble, and courageous spirit. He was given many awards from the people and from the Lord. Because of Teddy's outstanding faith and belief in God, he had many things that made him succeed. Teddy Roosevelt will live in the hearts of the people for a very long time. He has even had the great honor of having his face on the proud rock of Mount Rushmore. Teddy accomplished lots with his life because of the glory he presented to God. We can take this as a life lesson for our lives and give all the glory to God.