Tyler Sharp

by Quinn from Boulder

There have been many heroes in my life, such as great athletes that I've gotten the chance to watch while growing up, athletes like Rod Smith, John Lynch, Shannon Sharpe, Allen Iverson, or a Florida Gators Tim Tebow. Those men have been great inspirations to me but there have been others in my life that have had huge impacts such as my grandparents, and my parents. But none of these people have had such a significant impact on my life that my oldest brother has had.

What is a hero you may ask? My definition of a hero is a person that puts others before himself, someone who inspires others to great things, someone who believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself. My brother has shown all of these attributes and then some. He has always put me and my other siblings before himself. If we needed something we knew we could count on him. No matter what was going on in his life, he would drop everything to help one of us whether we needed help on homework, or something with sports, or even girls.

My brother has always been a phenomenal athlete, League MVP in football, third team all state in basketball, and a third place finish his senior year in track, he also went to college on a track scholarship. He has inspired me to live up to his athletic achievements, if not exceed his achievements. My brothers has always believed in me and he has shown that he truly does believe in me. He has proven this by helping me improve my skills on both the basketball court and the football field.