Tim Tebow

by Aiden from Loveland

I chose Tim Tebow as my hero because of his faith and his dedication to football. Tim has many qualities that make him a hero including selflessness, endurance and bravery which he shows through his football career and through his everyday life. I will explain why Tim Tebow is my hero. I believe that a hero is someone that changes someone's life positively and that is exactly what Tim did.

Tim shows true selflessness. He and his family own the Tebow Foundation that supports a ministry and orphanage in the Philippines. The orphanage has about 850 orphans. Tim spends a lot of his spare time with his father to help and donate to the orphanage which he still does today. His foundation also helps other orphanages around the world. When Tim played for the Broncos he spent time with cancer patients. On January 13, 2012, Tim spent time with a young boy with cancer which made the boy happy and the boy got to see his hero and have them pass the ball around. That is how Tebow shows true selflessness.

I chose Tim Tebow as my hero because he shows endurance. An example of endurance is that he played with a concussion that was still healing (an injury to the head) so the Gators could win a game that would help them to another BCS championship. During Tim's NFL career Tim had to wait as a back up for about a year and a half until he proved his abilities. One time Tim played with a broken fibula and still ran a 29 yard touchdown that help the Jets win showing his endurance through pain. That is how Tim Tebow shows endurance.

My hero Tim Tebow also has bravery. When Tim played games with Bible verses in his eye black even though being criticized he still showed his faith. Praying after touchdowns in a "Tebowing" stance making even more criticism but he did it anyway which shows how big Tim's faith is. Tim showed his faith and even if some hated it.

Tim Tebow is my hero and I look up to him as a person and look up to how strong his faith is. He has many qualities that make him a hero such as endurance, bravery, and selflessness.