Tim Tebow

by Matt from Loveland

Tim Tebow is my hero because he shows bravery in hard times and is loyal to those he loves. I read his book, Through My Eyes, and I learned a lot about him. My family and I were in Africa when I read it. He was born in the Philippines and was a missionary there for 3 years. I could relate to him because it can be hard living in another country.

Tim shows bravery in hard times. One time Tim had lost his dog and he thought that he would come back because he had done it before, but he didn't come back this time. So Tim went looking for him and found him lying down under a bush and he was bleeding. He took him to a vet and they said his dog had a broken leg and a broken jaw. Later they figured out that someone had hit him with something heavy. He couldn't eat because his jaw was broken and couldn't walk because of his leg. So Tim fed him Frosty's and would hold him in a pool so the currents would move his legs.

Tim Tebow is loyal to others. When he was playing football in the NFL he was loyal to his teammates because he would encourage them and help them. He would tell them encouraging words and quotes. He was also loyal to the people in the Philippines because he would teach them about God.

Tim is determined; he isn't giving up on trying to play on a NFL football team because he still wants to play. He is not stopping honoring God and he is not giving up. Tim teaches others about God and he has a club that teaches kids about God.  This club was created in 2010 because he felt the importance of showing God's love to children around the world.

Also, Tim is a very brave person because he was helping people in the Philippines. He was a missionary when he was really young. He does not give up because his family lived in the Philippines. This made him brave because he had to trust God. Tim was brave because he was helping others in a country that probably wasn't safe. He raised money to build a hospital there.

Tim is my hero because of his strong faith and these character traits. He is respected by many people. I hope my faith is strong like his. He is also my hero because in 2012 he led the Broncos to their first playoff win since 2005. They won the game in overtime with an 80 yard pass.