Tim Tebow

by Abby from San Diego

"After every touchdown or completed pass, he'd kneel down on one knee in short prayer" ("Tim Tebow"). Tim Tebow is brave and faithful in his beliefs in God. Tebow is more concerned with his relationship with God than his concerns of what others think of him. From a youth he has been taught to put his love for God first in his life and he continues to show it on and off the field. "Timothy Richard Tebow, better known as Tim Tebow, was born on August 14, 1987, to American missionaries in Manila, Philippines...Tebow's parents, Bob and Pam Tebow, were deeply religious, instilling their children with Christian faith"( "Tim Tebow" ). Tim learned well the lessons taught by his parents and his integrity is evident as he interacts with others. A hero must possess compassion and faith. Compassion is putting others before yourself and faith is believing without seeing. Faith requires no evidence and is based on trust and confidence. Tim Tebow possesses compassion and faith, which makes him a hero.

Tim Tebow is an amazing, compassionate man who puts others before himself. Compassion is caring for others and is a Tim Tebow is an amazing, compassionate man who puts others before himself. Compassion is caring for others and is a true quality of a hero. Tim Tebow shows compassion through his interactions with others. "He remained active in ministry, spent time caring for and encouraging young people, and established the Tim Tebow Foundation to share his ideas on life and faith" ("Tim Tebow"). To Tebow, publicity does not matter. His sight  was much more focused on his love to want to help people and to give them hope. With his compassion and care he is able to continue to give hope effortlessly to those who need it most.  Tebow is so invested in his community that he took course work to learn more about social services. "There [University of Florida], he studied family, youth, and community services"("Tim Tebow"). Tebow shows his dedication and compassion to helping the world in a positive way.  At the core of all the things Tebow does, he does it solely for the welfare of everyone and from the compassion he has for others. Tebow cares about the common interest and does it to the fullest. Tebow wants to learn skills that can benefit everyone and help all communities that someday can help spread compassion around the world. Tebow is a true example of how a celebrity can use their power to do good things.

Tim Tebow is my hero because he is faithful to his Christian beliefs. Tebow's compassion for others is clearly driven from his devotion to his faith. He demonstrated a strong religious devotion from a young age. "As a young man, he began taking up his family's call to preaching, at one point speaking about faith to 10,000 students in Mindanao"("Tim Tebow"). Tebow puts his unconditional trust and confidence in his God. His faith stands tall when it's needed most. It's Tebow's undeniable faith in God that makes him the powerful, influential, faith guided hero that he is today. Tim's religious faith is evident by many. In the article "Tim Tebow." the writer states,  "But he also became known for his open display of his Christian religious beliefs on the field and in interviews"("Tim Tebow"). Tim Tebow is not afraid to open himself to the world in his own way. Tebow shares his faith with anyone he comes into contact with because of his driving love for Christ. Sharing your faith with others and showing it on the football field is an honorable trait. Tebow is able to to express his love for God without fear and that makes him a hero.  

Tim Tebow is a hero because he is compassionate and faithful in everything that he does and shows that it's never about Tim Tebow is a hero because he is compassionate and faithful in everything that he does and shows that it's never about him, but about who and what he stands for. Tebow makes God the first and most important thing in his life. He is always humble and grateful for each and everything that he has. He concerns himself with people's lives in hope to make them better. This quality make him a compassionate man. Tim Tebow also has an astonishing love to help people that makes others want to help too. Tebow's goal is not to direct attention to himself, but to get attention for the cause. Tebow shows the world that you can be a light in a dark world. Tebow wants his fans to know that it's never been about him, but about who got him where he is now. He wants them to know that his eyes are set on God and that God is always ultimately in control of his life. Whether it's on or off the field. Tebow is so inspiring through his actions. It is a dream that all people may be able to stand up for what they believe in. Tebow is always looking at the good in people and the limitless possibilities that they withhold. Tebow is courageous in what he says and does. Even if nobody listens, Tebow will always give his best for God and be humble in doing it. Tebow is a hero because in everything that he does, he gives the glory to God in a compassionate, faithful way.

"Tim Tebow." Contemporary Authors Online. Detroit: Gale, 2013. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2015.

"Tim Tebow." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2011. Biography in Context. Web. 1 May 2015.

"Tim Tebow." Newsmakers. Vol. 2. Detroit: Gale, 2012. Biography in Context. Web. 8 May 2015.