Tim Tebow

by Christian from Fort Collins

(Wikipedia)
(Wikipedia)

My hero is Tim Tebow. He is a great role model. He changes people's lives throughout playing football. Tebow is a very talented player and has lots of faith in God. Tim Tebow plays for the New York Jets. Tim used to play for the Denver Broncos.

Tim played college at the University of Florida. He was an amazing college football player, and most consider him the best college football player in history. He has the ability to run like a running back and he can throw it too. He was born in the Philippines, while his parents were doing missionary work there. His mom was told to have an abortion because she had a bad sickness that would affect Tebow's birth. She refused to abort him. Tebow prays before every game, and on the sidelines (Tebowing). The definition of Tebowing is to express religious faith, gratitude, reverence, or awe, usually in public, by dropping to one knee, head resting on one's fist.

Tebow goes through a lot. A lot of people don't like him because of his faith in God but he still stays true to God. Matthew 10:22 says that "All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved."

He took over as starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos in the 5th week of the 2011-12 NFL season. He replaced QB Kyle Orton after he had 1-4 start to the Broncos season. Tebow has led the Broncos to six 4th quarter comeback wins, and 7 game winning drives. He took Denver to the playoffs for the first time since 2006. He had a victory over the Steelers in the playoffs. It was tied 23-23 at the end of regulation. On the very first play of overtime Tebow hits Demaryius Thomas for a 80 yard touchdown pass to win the game. The Broncos lost the next playoff game against the Patriots. That's why Tebow is my hero!