Tim Tebow

by Sawyer from Windsor

When Tim Tebow was young he wanted to get into the NFL and he would try to practice in college a lot. Tim Tebow always wanted to serve others and especially God and he always had Humility, Bravery, and Dedication.

Even when it was hard to be humble Tim Tebow was. When Tim Tebow was 4 almost turning 5 he was very boastful, but his mom made him memorize Bible verses that told him to be humble. "It doesn't mean you're better or more special than someone because you're better at a sport. It is a gift from God so use it for his honor and glory," said Tim Tebow. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Tim Tebow always put this Bible verse on before a game But in the bcs, which is like a super bowl for college. He put on John 3:16. After the bcs over 5 million people googled John 3:16, Tim Tebow laughed and said to himself "How did over 5 million people not know John 16:33. This is humility because he needed to not be boastful and help others.

Bravery and faith in God is what Tim Tebow had. Doing the Tebow is getting on one knee and putting your head on your fist. That took bravery because people would make fun of him and persecute him. Telling people he was a Christian was brave because he would get persecuted and a lot of people would probably hate him. Bravery is when you choose to believe in Christ because Tim knew he would get persecuted.

Getting into the NFL took determination because it is almost impossible to get into the NFL. It took dedication to get into the NFL and still go to church. Dedication was hard in the Christian life for Tebow because people were telling him to stop being a Christian but he never listened. He always tried to spread the gospel. In the Bible it says to spread the gospel and Tebow says "I always try to spread the gospel."

My hero is Tim Tebow for these reasons. He didn't care what others said about him, he tried to be like Jesus and love and care for everyone. He also plays my favorite sport.