Troy Aikman

by Tyler from San Diego

“I've always viewed myself as an achiever. I need to achieve for myself”
Troy Aikman in his prime (http://www.celebrity-photos.buy-art-posters-prints.com/Troy-Aikman.html)

Determination, perseverance, and self sacrifice are all words that describe the two time super bowl champion and Hall of Famer, Troy Aikman. Troy Aikman was born on November 21, 1966, in West Covina, California. Growing up, Troy was in love with baseball, but after the move to Oklahoma he quickly became engrossed with football. As his football career began, Troy soon became the nation’s #1 college quarterback and was later drafted into the NFL. Some say Troy Aikman was arguably the best quarterback in NFL history as he shattered the record books throughout his career. Although Aikman was an extraordinary football player, he also had extraordinary talent off the field. “Troy Aikman personifies the ideal leadership on the playing field and in the community,” says analyst Mark Austrian (“Troy Aikman Biography”). Troy Aikman had unbelievable talent on the field, his willingness to help others and sacrifice his time off the field though, is what makes Troy Aikman a true hero to everyone around the world.

Troy Aikman has been established as a hero to all due to the fact that he is willing to sacrifice his own time for the good of the United States as well as the world itself. For example, “In 1998 he visited the Barbara Bush Middle School in Irving, Texas, to warn of the dangers of smokeless tobacco. He also started in several public service announcements warning of the danger of the tobacco” (“Troy Aikman Biography”). This explains how Aikman has sacrificed the very little time he has had due to the fact that he was still engaged with the NFL at the time. While speaking out publicly to children throughout the U.S, Troy also founded a charity in Texas to provide assistance to children with terminal diseases. “Currently, his charity is involved in establishing Aikman's End Zone playrooms in children's hospitals. Money from his fan club and his children's book, "Things Change," benefit the foundation” (“Troy Aikman Biography”). In my mind, to be able to speak out publicly to children, provide and keep a charity up to date, and to play in the NFL all at the same time seems close to impossible for any human being to accomplish.

The Troy Aikman Foundation (www.aikman.com)

Troy Aikman has been recognized as an amazing football player, but his ability to help children and adults is what makes him a true hero to all. After his football career ended in 2000 Aikman began helping the community. For example, “Through broadcasting, real estate, community involvement and The Troy Aikman Foundation (another charity), Aikman has quickly discovered numerous ways to keep himself occupied in “retirement” (“Enterprises, Aikman”). This portrays how Aikman has helped other people as well as the community by finding “numerous ways” to help the ones in need. It may seem Aikman has achieved most of his feats in retirement, but he achieved one of them before even accomplishing the task of making it to the National Football League. “In 1989 Troy established a scholarship at his high school to enable underprivileged students attend college. He also provided a full athletic scholarship at UCLA” (“Enterprises, Aikman”). Providing a scholarship for others may not seem as good as creating a charity, however, scholarships provide gateways into college and beyond, changing lives. By doing this, Troy Aikman has established himself as an inspirational human being and hero to every last person in the universe.

Troy Aikman may be known for his talent on the field, but his talent off the field is what makes him a true inspiration to others around the world. “Troy Aikman has harnessed the drive and dedication that formed the foundation of his Hall of Fame football career with the Dallas Cowboys in numerous successful business ventures since retiring from the game following the 2000 season”(“Enterprises, Aikman”). Troy Aikman was a fantastic football player and since 2000, he is a driven man to help children as well as adults around the world. Aikman has accomplished numerous tasks people wouldn’t even dare to take on in their entire lifetime. After his retirement, Troy only had one thing left to say, “I've always viewed myself as an achiever. I need to achieve for myself” (“Troy Aikman Quotes”). This quote personifies Troy’s entire lifetime due to the fact that Troy has been everywhere and done everything he possibly could to become the best. Having the combination of skill as well as willingness to sacrifice and help others makes Troy Aikman an inspiration to everyone.

Troy Aikman Foundation (www.aikman.com)
Troy Aikman Foundation (www.aikman.com)

Biography Base - Troy Aikman Biography
Aikman Enterprises - Official Website of Troy Aikman and Aikman Enterprises