Tiki Barber

by Ryan from Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Heroes to me are good people who are good at sports and have good hearts. This describes Tiki Barber in many ways and that’s why I chose him as my hero. In 1997 Tiki was drafted to the New York Giants and he played until 2007 when he became an ESPN telecaster. Tiki Barber is my hero because he is a family man, he is physically fit, and he is a skilled football player.

Tiki Barber is a good family man because he treats his wife with respect. Tiki Barber was born in Roanoke VA along with his identical brother Ronde Barber. Even though Tiki and his twin brother Ronde play for separate football teams they still manage to spend time with each other. Every Saturday of the month they hang out with each other and spend time with their families. Tiki has a wife named Ginny and two sons named A. J. and Chason who he always thinks about. Often, Tiki and his brother Ronde sign autographs for kids and write them letters.

Tiki Barber is also very skilled in professional football. He got a lot of his training in his younger years and in college playing football. When he was younger, he and his brother would always play football. Tiki was good and so was his brother Ronde, but Tiki trained hard and worked hard for many years and became an amazing football player.

Tiki has very good skills in football such as in 2005 Tiki broke the Giants record for total yards in a single season. Tiki is also a three-time pro bowler and has over 10,478 rushing yards. Tiki retired in 2006 with high honors in being a great running back. He retired to become an ESPN telecaster. In 2007, a year later, the New York Giants won Super Bowl 42 against the New England Patriots.

Definitely my hero in the world is Tiki Barber because he is a great man. He was a running back for my favorite football team which is the New York Giants and was one of the best running backs in the NFL. He holds many Giant records and many awards and many trophies. Tiki Barber is a good family man and a good husband. He is still skilled in football and is known for his amazing accomplishments in the NFL. That is why I chose Tiki Barber to be my hero, not because he is good at football but because he is a good man and is honest in life.

Wikipedia - For more about Tiki Barber
Images of Tiki Barber - Tiki Barber running with the football