Tiki Barber

by Luis from Selden, New York

Here is Tiki Barber # 21, Playing for the Giants (www.aceonsports.com)

My hero is Tiki Barber because he was the most excellent running back when he played for The Giants. He was a very popular player. He was a guy everyone liked, respected and watched because he had tremendous moves and skill on the field. He could take anyone down no matter how big. The only bad thing about him is he retired. And that’s why he is my hero.

A hero is someone you could look up to. That every time you look at that person you say this person is the reason why I do this. Like Tiki Barber, he is fearless, skilled, and strong. At 5’10 and 205 pound, he is a brute on the playing field. He is the reason why I play football. He is one of the greatest running backs in history. From September to December he ran a total of 1662 rushing yards.

There is so much to say about him. There is something weird about the team he is on and the team he hated. When Tiki Barber was a child he hated the giants and loved the Redskins. But as he moved on through his childhood, he went to college and got drafted by the Giants so no one knew. He has always been good at football. In his high school season he scored 41 touch downs on 567 carries. Also in the beginning of his college career he ran 100+ yards 19 times.

During Tiki Barber's career he had 55 td’s rushing. At first he was a third down running back. Then Rodney Hampton retired in 1997. No one thought that he would be good but then he was starting running back. When he became starter he got 500 rushing yards. But then he injured his knee, leaving him to miss 4 games, but back in time to play the last 2 games in the season and proved he is the best rb they could pick. Within that season he got 1639 rushing yards. They noticed that his skills were amazing so they put him on punt returns.

Tiki did so well in his career, the Giants gave him a six year contract. Tiki Barber is my hero.