Tim Duncan

by McKenzie from Kentucky

Tim Duncan is my hero because he does things that I wish I could do. I like him because he's a good basketball player, has good sportsmanship, a good guy on and off the court, and doesn't think of himself any different than anybody else in the NBA. He's the best basketball player I've ever seen.

Tim is respectful to his coach and his other teammates. He's respectful because he's just a good guy in general. Even if he didn't get respected, he would still respect others. He helps his teammates up when they fall. If his teammate, Tony Parker, makes a free throw he makes sure that he tells him good job. If someone on the other team that he's playing falls down he helps them up.

Tim is responsible for a lot of things on his team. He and Tony Parker are the main scorers for the Spurs so they are mostly responsible for scoring. Tony is the point guard and Tim is the post player. Tim is also responsible for keeping his teammates confidence up and telling them that they can win. Another way he is responsible is that he always tells his teammates good job even if they missed a shot or something.

Tim is caring to his teammates in 2 ways: outside of basketball and inside of basketball. An example of how he is caring out of basketball is if one of the players is sick then they come to him and Tim tells Pop. An example of how he is caring in basketball is that one of his teammates may twist an ankle or something during practice and Pop is on the other side of the gym, then Tim goes and gets him.