Tony Hawk

by Ethan from Atglen

When you think of skateboarding the first thing that pops in your head is Tony Hawk. There's a reason for that. Tony Hawk was born in Carlsbad California [where he currently lives now] May 12 1968 read on to find out more

Tony's life revolves around skateboarding, at age 11 he turned pro which is a very young age for skateboarding he was also in a movie Gleaming in the Cube as the pizza delivery boy. And he was once in a 1999 "Got Milk?" ad. He was so tall and skinny he had to wear elbow pads on his knees! Tony improved so quickly and flew past all the tricks except the 900 [2 and a half spins in the air] that was his enemy. It took him 12 tries to do it and landed it once so he fell 11 times! "Each fall was like a car wreck," Tony says. Once he did it there was nothing else to do, the 900 was his goal and he completed that then he retired surprisingly, but he still loves to skateboard.

Some traits Tony shows are determination-he always is really wanting to try a new trick and never gives up; Intrepidity-he is never scared of trying a new thing that could get him severely injured; and Perseverance- he keeps trying when tricks are really difficult.

Now that you know more about Tony Hawk I hope you don't think about him as an ordinary skateboarder. I hope you think of him as a hero and understand why I chose him as mine. I hope you enjoyed my biography.