Travis Alan Pastrana

by Matthew from Selden

Heres travis pastrana on his dirt bike. (google.com)

A hero is some one you look up to, or admire. Hero can really be what ever you want, whatever you choose or a person you believe in or just inspires you to do what you want. Travis Pastrana is my hero. Travis was born on October 8, 1983 in Annapolis, Maryland. Travis’s parents are Robert and Debby Pastrana. In 2003 Travis attend The University of Maryland. Travis is a motorsports competitor and stunt performer who has won many medals and championships in motocross, supercross and rally racing.

Travis Pastrana is important to me because he has courage and is not afraid to always try hard even if he does not succeed. He is always challenging himself to be better at all the things he does. He is very kind to his many fans and always has a love for the sport he is doing.

Travis always races on Suzuki motorcycles and is loyal to the company. In 1999 Travis won the first ever MotoX Freestyle event at the Xgames. He scored the highest points ever run which was 99.0 points. In 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2006 he also won gold medals for this event. In 2003 Travis started a different career in the Race of Champions and began driving for the Subaru sports car rally team. In 2006 Travis won the gold medal in the first rally car competition in the xgames.

Travis never let injuries stop him from going on. When he was just fourteen years old he injured himself in a motorcycle jump and was in a wheelchair for three months. The doctors said he was lucky that he even lived. Instead of ending his love of sports and motorcycles he actually would ride wheelies in his wheelchair around the hospital.

My family and I watched Travis try to set a new world record doing a ramp to ramp jump in his rally car on January 1, 2010 on T.V. It was absolutely amazing the way he not only was brave enough to try the jump but that he actually did set a new world record when he landed. He also set the world record for the fastest ascent of Mount Washington in his Subaru car.

I really admire Travis and think he is important because he tries to help people by donating money and being in charities. Just recently he donated $5000 to get one of his friends a special needs van after he got hurt in an accident. Travis also drove in the Race4Change race in Africa which tried to end poverty by getting people to donate money to organizations. Because Travis never lets anything stop him from pursuing his dreams and is also very kind to others he is my hero.