Travis Pastrana

by Kyle from Shippensburg

Travis Pastrana (http://www.vitalmx.com/images/stories/2009/09/090209pastrana.jpg)

Heroes are as important today as they have been for many years. They can inspire many people and they can give someone a person to look up to. Everyone in the world should have a hero, because they are incredible. Travis Pastrana is a hero to me because he is successful, brave, and talented.

Being successful is extremely important in life. If you’re not successful it is difficult to get anywhere. Travis Pastrana has been riding dirt bikes since he was four. Later, he got into freestyle and a little bit of motocross. When he was 14, he became the world freestyle champion. Now he is the most successful competitor in the X games freestyle motocross history. He is a five-time U.S. amateur motocross champion, as well as a two-time Canadian amateur motocross champion. Having success like Travis does, makes a difference in life.

Travis Pastrana is not only successful, but he is also brave. Bravery is something you have to have when it comes to riding motorcycles in competition. Every time he gets behind the wheel of a rally car or climbs on top of a dirt bike he must be brave. To do incredible things like flying off ramps and driving at full speed, you would have to be brave, and overcome fear. Bravery comes by putting in your best and standing up to the fear.

Talent is a great factor to have. Travis has shown talent in many ways. Travis Pastrana has been able to land a double back flip on a dirt bike, which is hard for a human being to accomplish. Along with the flips, he has accomplished winning back-to-back championships in rally racing. Although talent could be hard to obtain, practice can always improve your skill.

Success, bravery, and talent are significant to a hero and to anybody in life. Travis Pastrana uses these qualities and shows them to the world. Having all of these traits are key to any human being because without them, you can’t accomplish much. Many people need a hero to look up to. For me, it is Travis Pastrana.

Travis Pastrana.com - Travis Pastrana's website