Travis Pastrana

by Josh from Missouri

King Pastrana
Travis airborne (photo by Alex Shelbert)

A hero should be someone who does something great and doesn�t listen to what other people say about him or her. A hero should also be someone that could get through and succeed at any challenge. Travis Pastrana is a good example of this. He is the king of motocross. Pastrana made motocross what it is today. Travis Pastrana is an example to what it means to be a hero.

Travis Pastrana is the king of X Games Twelve in 2006, because he was gold in three events: motocross best trick, motocross freestyle, and the rally car event. In the rally car competition, he defeated Collin McCrae, who is his idol in a rally car. He was excited that he beat his idol. In the freestyle competition, he scored high on his first run and sprained his ankle celebrating the great run. It was a good thing no one beat his score because he wouldn�t be able to go out there again for his second run and would have lost. Pastrana�s highlight of the X Games was in the best trick competition by landing the first double back flip in a competition. He was very lucky to land it. Pastrana was so happy after X Games 12, because he won three gold medals.

Pastrana does a lot of crazy and stupid things. He did a back flip into the Grand Canyon, ditched his bike, and parachuted down. That was crazy but fun for him. After winning his first freestyle competition in the 1999 X Games he launched his bike into the San Francisco Bay and lost all his prize money by paying a 10,000 dollar fine. He was stupid by losing all the money he won.

Travis doesn't care what people say. His mom told him not to do the double back flip in the X Games and he did it anyway. His mind was really set on doing it because he didn't listen to his mom and you should always listen to your mom. Pastrana was told that he was too young to be an amateur in motocross at age 14 and he won the World Amateur Championship in1997. If he would have listened to them, he wouldn't have won the championship. He wouldn't be the king of motocross if he cared what people said.

Travis Pastrana is the number one motocross rider. He spits in the face of fear. He is important because he teaches that you can do anything thing as long as you believe in yourself. He teaches me that if something is going wrong, all I have to do is believe in myself and everything will be alright. Don't worry about what other people say about you or someone tells you that you can't do it, believe in yourself and you can do it. Travis Pastrana is my life hero.