travis pastrana

by Josh from Wallingford, Connecticut

Travis after landing the double back flip

Travis Pastrana was born in Annapolis Maryland on October 8, 1983. Travis is a professional racer/freestyle motocross rider. He has made many outstanding accomplishments in the sport. He's been riding since he was 4 years old so he's been riding for his whole life and that's an accomplishment alone right there. He is by far my favorite hero.

Travis as a teen ager
Travis as a teen ager

Travis is only 24 years old and he has never lost an X-games freestlye event. That is amazing. He was the first person to ever land a double backflip in the world on a dirtbike. That is one of the reasons he is my hero. What eh accomplished just last year was proven impossible to everyone except himself.

After the double backflip
After the double backflip

My other reason for Travis being my hero is because he does everything he does as a professional motocross rider for his fans. For example, one of the things I read up on about him were some of his quotes and I found one where he said, "Sure, I race and land all the crazy tricks for the rush but I mostly do it for the entertainment and for the fun of my fans."

Travis has accomplished more than just a double backflip to become my hero. He also created many of his own tricks and was the first to ever land them all and today they are very popular. He was also the first person to ever land a 360 on a dirtbike in competition. He has won many medals and is the best freestyle rider the X games has ever seen. He has never lost a freestyle event.

pastrana, travis. "travis pastrana." [Online] Available http://www.travis-pastrana.com/.

williams, robby. "x games 12." travis pastrana.

armentrout, david. Travis Pastrana.