Tiger Woods

by Ryan from Laguna Beach

Tiger Woods is my hero because he is a good golfer. He is not only a good golfer, he also is confident when he is in the lead and he is calm when he is not in the lead. When Tiger Woods was eleven years old he became a scratch golfer. He started to play tournaments when he was in college. Adam Scott defeated Tiger Woods in one the amateur tournaments in 1994. Adam Scott was 4 up and Tiger Woods was one down.

When Tiger Woods became a PGA pro he got married to Elin Nordegren. He was also born on December 30, 1975 and he used to live in Cypress, California, but now he lives in Windermere, Florida. He turned pro in 1996 and started to use a Nike 1 ball. The next year Tiger Woods won his first Masters. After his win in the Masters he was known as a legend. Tiger Woods was the youngest person to get a Grand Slam and the youngest and fastest to win 50 tournaments on tour. The Byron Nelson Award lowest adjusted scoring average, a record eight times, and has tied Jack Nicklaus' record of leading the money list in eight different seasons. He won 4 masters and one was in 1997, 2001, 2002, and 2005. He won 2 U.S. Opens which were 2002 and 2000. He won 3 Opens in 2000, 2005, and 2006. Lastly, he won 4 PGA routs in 1999, 2000, 2006, and 2007. That means Tiger Woods won 13 majors.

I would like to be as good as Tiger Woods because he gets lots of long putts for birdie and chip in for an eagle. That is why Tiger Woods is my hero.