Tina

by Christina from North Sioux City

For some people a hero is many different things, but to me a hero is someone who is going to be there for you no matter what; someone who will help you out no matter what the problem may be. It is someone who will just about do anything for you. For me, my hero is my step mom Tina. She has always been there for me when I had many problems. She would listen to what I had to say and try and help me figure things out. She took me and gave me a wonderful home and made sure that I was okay. We may not always get along but she is always there for me when I really need her the most. She keeps things between us when I ask her not to tell anyone.

She is always there when I need her the most. We have many fights but in the end she knows that I really care and that I don't like to fight with her. She was there for me when my own mother wasn't. When my mom went away she was there for me and took care of me, even if I was really mean to her and wanted nothing to do with her cause I was so hurt. She stood by me no matter how mean I was to her.

When I was a little kid and things were getting worse in my life she took me in to her own house and made me stay with her and my dad. To this day I am so happy that I moved in. She has done so much for me; she treats me like I am one of her own kids. She makes sure that I have clothes, food and of course a place to stay.

We may not always get along but no matter what she will never give up on me. She pushes me to do my best because she doesn't want me to end up like my dad or my mom who both dropped out of school and never graduated. Even though she is not my real mom she has been like a mom to me. I am very thankful for her and everything that she has ever done for me.

A hero is someone who will always be there for you no matter what. Someone who will just about do anything for you if they could. Also someone that will help you with anything that you need help with. My step mom Tina is my hero. She has always been there for me and she has giving me so much. Without her I don't think I would be here and have all the support that I have.