Tomas

by Agustina from Buenos Aires

My hero is my elder brother, Tom, I chose him because he was very brave when he saved me from drowning in my grandmother’s pool.

Tom lives with me in Buenos Aires and he is 16 years old now, but once we were having a birthday party in my grandmother’s house and I got mad at my cousin because he didn’t give me a lollipop that I wanted, so I went running away without knowing where to go. I didn’t look forward and I fell into the pool. Nobody was watching me but my brother. He thought of telling my father but he realized he was inside (all that he thought it in an instant). My brother decided to save me by himself so he jumped into the pool, without caring that he was with clothes; he started swimming as fast as he could (he was 7 years old by then), and he rescued me.

After everyone realized what had happened, my parents, my aunt and uncles and my grandmother too went running to take him out of the pool with me on his back. As I was 2 years old and didn’t care about what had happened, I only kept thinking about the lollipop and I shouted to my cousin "give me the lollipop". My grandmother gave me a lollipop and told me I should have asked for it before. Then I gave my brother a great hug and kiss and we went to eat the birthday cake. It was delicious.

I would compare my brother to Attean when he saves Matt when he was drowning in the river from the book "The Sign of the Beaver" because he was brave enough to come running to save me although he could have continued with what he was doing.

To conclude, I would say I have the best eldest brother in the world who is always trying to show me and teach me new things whenever he can although he is studying or doing many other very important things and I would also say he is growing as a very good person. I will never forget all the things he has done for me. I love my brother and I always will. He is my greatest hero in the whole world and that is why I chose him and I will never be sorry for choosing him.