Tony Hawk

by Mario from Tampico

I think that a hero should have perseverance. They should be someone who has worked hard to become famous and has never given up. They should be loving and always willing to help someone in need. They should be brave because they have accomplished something great and because heroes are not cowards. They should be respectful and not tease someone because they are different. They should have courtesy and be nice to everyone. My hero demonstrates all of these character traits.

Tony Hawk is a two-time gold medalist in the X-Games for skateboarding. Hawk was born in 1972, in Tierrasanta, California. He has one brother who a gave him his first skateboard. Sports Illustrated calls him “The Michael Jordan of skateboarding.” He has helped design three video games. He has won twelve championships. He was the top ranked rider for eleven years. He has invented more than fifty tricks. Tony Hawk owns a leading skateboard and skateboarding accessories company called Birdhouse. Tony Hawk became a professional skateboarder when he was only eleven years old, just a year after he got his first skateboard. He currently lives in Tierrasanta, California with his wife and two kids.

Tony Hawk is a hero because he persevered to be the greatest skateboarder ever. He is a loving father and husband. If you are a skateboarder, you have to be brave. I mean, would you go down a twelve foot tall half pipe? He is respectful to people around him and he isn’t one of those dirty, trash-talking, mean, skateboarders. He has courtesy because he founded the Tony Hawk Foundation which donates money to charity. Tony Hawk has made a difference in many people’s lives.