Tony Hawk

by Alex from Pleasant Hill

My hero is Tony Hawk. He followed his dreams and became one of the best-known skaters today. He is my hero because he is a really good skater, he can do awesome stuff, and he's one of the most famous skaters.

Tony is such a good skater. I idolize him. He can do things that people have never done before or he was the first to do it. One of those tricks is the ever famous 900. If you don't know what that is, it's 2.5 full circles in the air. That's crazy. He skates vert(halfpipes and such), but I don't skate that much vert. I'm more of a street skater. Even though [I'm not that good], I still think I'm more street than vert.

Now Tony Hawk is not one of those real punk skaters. He's more of a nicer guy. He's a good role model for younger kids. I think I heard that Tony is going to retire. That's a big bummer. Then again, he's like 40. If he does retire, I wonder what he's gonna do. I hope that he doesn't retire.

Tony Hawk first started touring when he was 16 years old. As a kid he'd ride in empty swimming pools. He never imagined skateboarding as a career. Back when he was a kid, it just wasn't possible. You couldn't just get paid for skateboarding. But these days it is a lot different. He has two different lives now: a life at home with a wife and three boys, and the life of a proffesional skateboarder where everything is fame and fortune. To explain how famous he is: he has 6 different skateboarding games named after him and a ton of skate competitions named after him such as " Tony Hawks Boom Boom Huk Jam" which took place right before last years Super Bowl.

That is why Tony Hawk is my hero. I want to be just as good as Tony Hawk when I grow up(I probably won't be but I'll try). He is quite an amazing guy and he's my hero.

Hello. My Name is Alex.