Tony

by Maddy from Los Angeles

He's one heck of a person. An excellent hard worker, inspirer, and the best person you can ever imagine. Who's is he? Why does he inspire me? Well it's my dad, Tony.

My dad has been working in the food industry for 24 years. He first started his company with his brother Vito and my mother Josephine when he was 21 years old. The name of the company was called Superior Anhausner Foods. In 2009 Sysco Food Service of Los Angeles purchased his company and renamed it Sysco. Soon after them taking over the company, my dad retired.

My dad was retired for 2.5 years. Retirement at 40 was not as fun as it sounded for him. While he was retired he felt bored of staying home so my dad wanted a job. He soon started looking for other food companies and ended up buying one of Los Angeles' oldest health food store called Erewhon Market. My dad transformed the entire store and it is now the leading health food store in Los Angeles. One of the newest things there is organic fresh pressed juice.

Since my dad purchased the store he really taught me the importance of eating organic food. By eating organic produce you'll be sure to live longer. Conventional produce that is genetically modified organisms better known as GMO could make you sick, it could make you sick because the food that is GMO is sprayed with pesticides and that is very bad for you. Organic chicken is also much healthier including milk, eggs, and beef are also much better for you.

My dad has been helping me over the years always to eat healthy so I could live longer. I always can depend on him to help me when I'm older to achieve skills. He is one of my role models and inspirer. My dad inspires me to work hard at school so I can succeed in running a business by myself and that's what a dad is to me.