Totoa

by Alejandra from Medellin

Totoa wanted to help people by giving clothes and toys because she knows about these people. There are a lot of people in Medellin that help by donating money and helping the people who are teaching. She loves and is interested in them. She gives donations for things that they need. She wants to help people because she has learned this from her parents that, “This life has given me opportunities to live happily.” She wants to give the same to others.

When she was in school she wanted to help people. In school she wanted to study social activities, social labor and family orientation. “During these 10 years many people have been in this program.” This includes their families. Throughout her whole life she had liked to help people.

¨I help people that live in my community, especially those who live near my farm.¨ She helps people by being very kind, listening and helping them with all their needs. She starts schools for people that do not have a lot of money. ¨I teach them important things so they can have a better life.¨ This program takes time and effort to help people. That’s why I think she is a hero.