Ty Pennington

by Erin from Chestermere

If you know the TV shows "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" and "Trading Spaces" you already know my hero,Ty Pennington. He is my hero because he builds houses for people who help living things and need a good house to live in. He also builds houses for people who have a problem.

Ty Pennington was raised in Atlanta, Georgia and was born on October 19 1965. Ty suffers from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder), but he graduated college and started a career as a modal, a carpenter, and a television show host.

In the 80’s Pennington started modeling for magazines and commercials. This is how he became well-known. He then became the carpenter in TLC’s hit show "Trading Spaces." Ty then got the job to host the show "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" in in 2003.

Ty chose to host "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" because he thought it would be nice to make homes for people who are less fortunate. This is still what Ty is doing the show and will be for a long time.

I would love to be Ty only because he became famous and then got the opportunity to become a hero for many people by making houses for them. Even though he suffers from ADHD I would still love to be him. He doesn’t let his disease get in the way of his work as being a model, a carpenter, and even the host of "Extreme Makeover Home Edition." I hope that he is proud of all the things he did for the less fortunate.