Uncle John

by Bryan from San Francisco

John Coffey
John Coffey

My hero is my uncle and godfather John Coffey. He is my hero because he has an unknown disease and he has been strong through it all.

My uncle’s disease is unknown but the Doctors are still trying to find out what he has. His disease has to do with his head because about every six months he has a seizure and has to go to the hospital to get brain fluid sucked out of his head. He usually stays in the hospital for about two weeks.

He is my hero because the doctors told my family and I that my uncle was one of the bravest patients they have every had. He is one of their bravest patients because he lets them do anything they need to do to him even if it causes him severe pain.

Another reason why he is my hero is because he did not show his fear. This is a reason because the doctors told him and the rest of my family that he has a chance of dying but he did not show that he was scared, even though I knew he was very sick.

This is why my amazing godfather is my hero.