Urusla

by Amberigh from Milwaukee

The person I would say inspires me is my mom. My mother wears so many hats: a mom, friend, hair-stylist, day-care provider. She has a humble esteem which everyone adores about her. My mom became a parent at the age of fifteen years old. That did not stop her from continuing school and getting her education. Then she had another child which eventually lead to her dropping out and not attending prom or graduation. My mom went from top of her class to a drop-out student.

Years later my mom went back to school to get her G.E.D. so that she could move on and attend college. Because my mom dropped out from high-school most colleges didn't accept her G.E.D. as a diploma for college. But my mom did not give up! She kept going to colleges and applying and being faithful at it. She was finally accepted into UWM. My mom has earned her bachelor's degree in childcare and also is currently going back for her master's! She also has put my oldest brother through college and he's going for engineering at Platteville University.

My mom has a love for children which is kind of annoying when you are a kid and your mom is showing attention to others (jealousy). I use to get mad when my mom would have kids over on weekends when she has a child care every day. But I had to learn that was her gift she had and if it's what's she enjoyed doing, then I just had to accept it. My mom is the BEST woman I ever known and would do whatever she could to help! She doesn't like to see people at their worst. She used to let homeless people have some dinner that she prepared for us. I just adore the way she is and how wise she always uses her wisdom!